The Administrative Assistant provides executive support to the Grow in Faith team to help ordinary people know and share extraordinary life in Christ. The candidate will handle a wide range of administrative tasks and be able to work independently with little or no supervision. The ability to interact with staff in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, while also maintaining a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial. High-level written and verbal communication skills, plus strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important. This is part-time position (20 hours/week).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Director of Faith Development, Director of Student Life and Kids’ Ministry Coordinator by assisting with projects, managing schedules, and prioritizing communications.
- Work proactively to initiate collaboration with leaders and groups. Develop communications as needed.
- Assist with presentation preparation and supporting materials for meetings, programs and classes. Review documents and correspondence.
- Prepare expense reports and reimbursement requests.
- Assist with various ministry events, such as Bible studies, volunteer appreciation, women’s retreat, and new member kick-off.
- Arrange transportation, meals, and verify adult ratios for all weekly and seasonal student ministry events.
- Purchase and prepare supplies for ministry events as needed.
- Participate in other ministry assignments as needed.
Critical Skill and Personal Traits
- Committed Christian, actively involved in church and familiar with the Lutheran church.
- Desires to assist the Grow in Faith team in fulfilling their responsibilities and lighten their load whenever possible.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to prioritize projects and assignments, with excellent time-management skills.
- Work proactively, forecasting the needs of upcoming calendar events and begin preparation to ensure timely completion.
- Ability to receive direction and feedback.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintains confidentiality and trust in all situations.
- Possesses a helpful, cheerful, diplomatic and caring servant attitude to all.
- Has a heart for the ministry of Our Father and the people of this church family.
Education and Experience
- Experience in handling a wide range of administrative and clerical tasks, as well as executive support-related tasks, preferred.
- Must demonstrate strong working knowledge of computers and proficiency in software programs, including Microsoft Office applications, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Excel, database systems and use of the Internet.
- High school diploma is the minimum required, with some college education preferred.
- This position reports to: Cassie Schermbeck, Director of Faith Development.
- This position supports: Cassie Schermbeck, Director of Faith Development; Courtney Limmer, Director of Student Life; Karin Meissner, Kids’ Ministry Coordinator.